Even before watching “The Fault in Our Stars” I already knew what’s gonna happen. Yes, John Green is a predictable writer and it’s a teenage love story that’s often compared to “A Walk to Remember” but these things didn’t prevent me from seeing the actual motion picture.
For me, The Fault in Our Stars is all about ‘Hope’. I have this thing with sick character story lines well maybe because my dad had lung cancer and so I always become motivated after encountering these type of characters. Anyways, what I like about this movie are the bits of inspiration you get when you least expect it. And by the way, I didn’t cry after seeing the film but it made me ponder on some important things in my life. Now, let me share them to you:
1. I strongly believe that everyday God is doing a new thing for all of us. (Isaiah 43:19) And if that’s the case, then you need to look forward in living your life every single day. To do that, you always need to HOPE. It will never be easy to face the difficulties on earth but you just got to have hope because it can propel you towards positivity and it’s the only thing that is stronger than fear. Hoping in the Lord teaches us to trust His plans and get on the crazy roller coaster that only goes up.
2. “That’s the thing about pain, it demands to be felt.”
Nobody wants to be in pain but in this lifetime, we will experience a lot of good and bad stuff and we all know that it takes courage to face an ugly truth or to overcome a heartbreaking situation. You don’t want to feel the pain but by doing so you are actually giving yourself an opportunity to experience the feeling of what it is to live. It is okay to feel vulnerable and weak sometimes. The important thing is how you deal with the pain. Remember that whatever situation you are in, God is by your side. He will never leave you on your own. He is the courage within you. Yes, He is. Seek His help whenever you need Him, because He is just there. Pain will always lead you closer to Christ.
3. Love is why we are here. It’s a big world out there and billions of people need you. Better stop thinking of your own welfare so much and give yourself away to serve and love other people. Hey, not everyone was as blessed with so much as you. So why not spend a little time worrying and helping others to live their lives in full. You are here on earth because of Love and only because of Love. We are created to love other people that is why we need to get involved. And I tell you now, nothing can compare to the awesome feeling of serving your brothers and sisters. Loving them even if it hurts sometimes gives meaning to our so called life. Do not be afraid to love because it is our purpose. God designed us to be this way. The cool thing about Him is that He knows what He is doing. You got to love Him for being magnificent. Oh, yes He is.
4. “You gave me a forever within a numbered days.”
Go see the world with your eyes wide open. Learn to appreciate life more. Be perfectly aware of the days you’ve spent with the people you love. Express your deep love for your family, friends and for the rest of the population in this world. Fall in love with moments, that is the key. We will never know when our time is up and we can only do so much with this one life given to us. Live the best life today. Take out the regrets and surrender that unforgiving heart. Fill your vessel of hope with the love of God. Let it overflow and reach others. Be conscious of how you live your life today because one moment you are alive and the next thing you know you are already a legacy. Every single moment counts and people will remember you for what you are today.
5. Every heart has a story to tell. Even you have a story to tell, right? Well you need to share it. Tell everyone how chaotic and exciting your life is. It doesn’t matter how bad you’ve gone through, the important thing are the lessons you’ve learned along the way. Be a living testimony of how great God is in your life and how He gave you one good reason to live.
Sometimes we’re unsatisfied with our lives. Well, do not blame it on God or on other people because the truth is the fault is not in our stars, it’s how you see, live and breathe your life. It is a journey and everyday you should be able to embrace the exciting adventure you are in. Learn to take risks and be amazed on its ups and downs. If you don’t live your life now, then when? If you don’t love much today, well tomorrow is full of uncertainties. You only got one life to love so better make the most of it, right? It’s a beautiful life and there are countless reasons to be happy. Henri Nouwen said that, “We have to choose joy and keep choosing it.” We can only find and experience true joy by choosing God everyday. You cannot just depend on what’s written in the stars, better ask and be in a relationship with the one who made them. He’s got a lot to say to you and me, that’s why we tend to gravitate towards the sky.
Well, it’s really up to us. Are we going to gaze forever in this vast universe? Or are we going to accept who we really are and reflect God’s light so other people can also find hope. So the next time you go out during the night, just don’t forget to twinkle. Okay? Okay.
For many people need to witness His goodness in you.